The official NCF rules can be found at their website.
Here are a few important ones to be aware of:
- Each team must have an advisor/chaperone who is over the age of 21. Male members must have a male advisor/chaperone and female team members must have a female advisor/chaperone. Advisors/chaperones and team members will be housed together, but in separate rooms. No students or advisors are allowed in the opposite gender’s rooms between 11 pm and 7 am. Advisors/chaperones are responsible for the behavior of the team.
- Teams cannot leave the site without first notifying the host
- No electronic, battery-powered, or solar powered equipment (i.e., cell phones) may be used by or be in the possession of team members during the instructional periods, field testing, oral presentation preparation, or oral presentations unless such equipment is provided by Envirothon Committee or approved by Envirothon Committee prior to testing or training.
- Students and advisors should not go near testing or training sites other than during designated times.
- No illegal drugs, or weapons permitted.
- Alcohol and tobacco or vapeing products prohibited for students. Adults may not consume alcohol or tobacco products in the presence of students or minor guests.